Monday, October 21, 2013

Windows 8.1, is it the right step for Microsoft?

Finally Microsoft had released Windows 8.1,I will talk about some of its features from my prospective and I am waiting for yours.
1-    The new search


For me it is the most important change in windows 8.1, It is a new design with a new way to display results in horizontal way with results from Bing, Wikipedia images and more. I really loved this new search


2-    Direct boot to desktop
There still a lot of people (I am one of them) who don`t have a touch screens in their laptops so it is of course better for them  to direct boot to desktop, it a new good feature

3-    Better split screens

One of the reasons why I hate iPad is it doesn’t have multitasking, I sometimes need to read a book with an opening dictionary, Windows 8 gave me this feature.
Microsoft have improved this feature in Windows 8.1, you can now control the width of every app even 50/50 and if you have a screen with high resolution you can open 3 or 4 apps.is not incredible J

4-    Start button

Actually in my opinion this is the most silly feature in windows 8.1,I don`t think adding the new start button to switch to metro apps screen instead of the auto hide one in windows 8 deserve this interest, we are hearing from months about returning of start button, is it even a feature!



Of course windows 8.1 have some new good features but it needs more to have a place in market share of tablets. I think Microsoft did a right step to wording it but we expecting more in the future.
Now waiting for your opinions.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mr Ahmed Hamdy for this explanation.
    Good analysis of system 8.1, that have not seen yet.

    ReplyDelete